Saturday, September 16, 2006

Robbie's Rant 1

Finallt got a subject I feel like a rant about.

Stupid drivers.

Every day I drive to work. Just before I get there I go along a dual carriageway to where there is a set of traffic lights with a filter that marks the enterance to my hospital.

Yesterday, a bus had broken down a little way behind me and there was a tailback on the other side of the carriageway. So I'm driving away from the tailback, thinking how luck I am to be going away from town rather than towards it, and see the lights are red on my filter, so I slow down and stop. I watch car after car stop at the lights until there is a gap on the other side so as to keep the enterance to the hospital clear incase the lights change. If you were one of these people thank you.

Unfortunatly, just as my filter changed to green (the lights are badly weighted but that's another rant) a big Gold car went past the red light in the outside lane (ie the one nearest me) and blocked my turn!

Now sometimes I have made similar mistakes by accident. In such circumstances I've tried to push in as close to the car infornt as possible to create room behind of reversed as far as I can. Where I'm stuck I've raised my hand to acknowledge my mistake and apologise. This driver did neither, he just sat there. He didn't save himself any time, his only achievement was delaying me by about two minutes.

I wonder how he'd like a skip to park outside his drive one day so his car can't move (evil cackle) sorry, unworthy thought

Anyway, rant over. Next rant, will be on the FIA, this one would have been, but this idiot gave me better ammunition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home